Wednesday, 2 November 2005

Knight of the Roundtable?

At 6am on Saturday morning (6pm UK time) I had the honour of being "Critic of the People" on BBC 6 Music's weekly Roundtable programme.
My contribution consisted of three phone-in segments throughout the show, giving marks out of ten and pithy comments about the latest tracks from the likes of Foo Fighters, Cardigans, and the Buzzcocks all-star John Peel tribute.
Panelists in the BBC studio included Jesus Jones mainman Mike Edwards, and former Q editor Andrew Collins.
The show is hosted by ex-NME scribe Steve Lamacq, who is a top bloke. As, it must be said, is Mr Collins, who gave me an unsolicited "10" for my contribution.
This little foray marked my first appearance on any kind of radio since RadioActive's 10th anniversary broadcasts in 1986 or thereabouts.
Great fun, and well worth getting up early for.

7 comments:

SoSu said...

wooot
did you tape it?

Steve Baker said...

Hey, any chance you can set up the atom feed for this blog? Fame and fortune awaits ;)

Peter said...

Yes, did record the stream as a (rather large) mp3. I love 6 Music to bits, if they were in Wellington I'd be beating down their door for a job!

Peter said...

Atom Feed now added, thanks to Blogger's handy help page. Didn't think it would be so easy!

meghanclinton9908 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Anonymous said...

dude do you want me to host the file for a week or so so ardent fans like myself can listen and share the wonder that is a former active DeeJay back on air.

let me kow and i'll set you up an ftp
sue

who is housitting and without her secret list of passwords

leanordhuron0281725855 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.